Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Day 18 Portfolio, Padlet, Audioboom, Piktochart, InfoGraphic

Day 18

We worked really hard today. Fortunately it is pouring down rain so I have time to talk about it!
We started by about learning about Padlet, Students can type in responses on a 'board' created by the teacher.  We logged in using Google and used the 'gear' icon to create our padlet.

Then, we created an infographic in Piktochart. I downloaded the image as a png. file and saved it on my flash drive.

Last (and most useful for instruction) we used AudioBoom to add audio content to a picture. Ten minutes of sound are allowed. Mine was about 1 minute ... just 'hook' questions based a picture that leads into my lesson. I will try to use this in my lesson opener's Power Point.

After lunch I affixed all the cut out shapes to my art project. The glass wasn't ready. I created the description/caption which will be placed on the back of the project. I will take a picture to upload tomorrow after the glass is added. We have to frame the project on our own. Hopefully, my husband will help me with that so I can display my Welcome sign in my classroom.

Dr. Lee taught us how to create a Course in Canvas. When the instructor sets a project as 'graded', he/she creates a rubric. Then, when the students have  submitted the assignment - the instructor selects 'Quick Grade' and highlights the rubric to quickly score the assignment.

We spent more time on our website / e-portfolio. I will try to complete some work at home tonight so my day isn't so stressful tomorrow.

Hasta la vista!

No comments:

Post a Comment